- UW gets 50% of the $1.1B from federal grants, US Dept of Health and Human Services. The rest comes from WARF and donor support from UW Foundation.
- 50% of research dollars goes to life sciences, medical research, engineering, physical sciences, social sciences, environmental sciences, math and computer science.
- 311 startup companies in WI support 25,000 jobs and contribute to $2.3 billion to the state's economy.
- The results are in biotech, medical devices, agriculture, engineering manufacturing, software and many other disciplines.
- I see strong demand for skilled workers in these fields every day. Employers struggle to find top talent and often have to recruit from outside the area for key roles.
If you're thinking of relocation for your career, Madison has much to offer with a high quality of life, housing affordability, and a strong passion for education.
On Wisconsin and Go Bucky!