Here are some quick tips for resume formatting that are known to work:
- Contact info: Name, city, state, email, cell phone. Use a gmail account.
- NO hotmail, yahoo or AOL email address which makes you look dated.
- Include a hyperlink to your LinkedIn profile with your name like this: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eileengoode/
- “Seeking to relocate” depending on your geographic job search.
- Avoid fancy graphs and charts, an ATS system (see below) will ruin them upon import
A four Line Summary below your contact info focuses on your strengths/experience
Title: Your current role/title and what you aspire to do next
Professional Skills: Your core strengths, list 3-4 of them
Accomplishments: $$ saved, projects managed, processes improved, sales generated
Awards: Relevant at more mid-career level. Sales awards, quality or process awards
The remainder of the resume is your professional work experience by chronological date and education. At the bottom of the resume is a listing of Skills (technical or not) that can be picked up by an ATS system. An ATS (applicant tracking system) is looking for a keyword match between the job profile and the resume. Depending on the company and it’s recruiting approach if a certain threshold of keyword match isn’t met, your resume won’t get past this critical step!
This simple, easy to scan resume will get a Recruiter or Hiring Manager's attention!
Eileen’s 20+ years of corporate recruiting experience can help you develop a resume that gets attention! She can help you “get found, get noticed, and get hired”.